Dawn

New Ambi safety for my Bushmaster


Ever since I started watching MagPul Dynamics Art of the Tactical Carbine I have been lusting after an ambidextrous safety. You say "But Chuck, you are right handed and those are meant for the sinister among us".. (lefties)

Here is the deal. I can get my M4 from safe to fire with a flick of my thumb, most ricky tick, but when it comes to going back to safe I have to change my grip and move my hand to reach the selector with my thumb and pull it back to safe.

This does not meet my standards for high speed low drag operation.

With an additional safety selector switch on the right side of the weapon all I have to do is to sweep my trigger finger (already indexed straight anyway) back and flick the selector.

No change in grip. No change my sight picture. Life is good.

If there is a faster way to switch from safe -> fire -> safe I'd like to see it.

Installation took about 10 minutes with the help of my wife (Doc 6).
She has mad skills when it comes to holding tiny roll pins.

So, even if you are right handed, I highly recommend giving an ambi safety a try on your favorite evil black rifle.

At around $30 bucks, it would make a nice stocking stuffer too.

Carry on.

No comments: